keskiviikko 13. maaliskuuta 2013

PotM: Raven guard tactical squad

Hey hey fellas. This is Tatu with almost 2 week behind schedule. I was rendered into a slime-oozing idiot by numerous infections I manage to have few weeks back. Anyways, here it is: Raven Guard Tactical squad with Rhino transport. I decided to make it a full ten-man squad because you really cannot have too much troops at your disposal.

 

Rhino is basic version with no additional upgrades. Rhinos end up blowing up sooner or later in the game so with my relatively small task force it's really not worth to invest points on transport upgrades.

 

This squad has a heavy bolter as a heavy weapon and a flamer as a special one. This gives me a nice option if I decide to use the unit as combat squads. The other half with flamer and a sergeant armed with power weapon will embark in to rhino and surge forward while the other half, including the heavy bolter, will stay behind and offer covering fire.



As I said I armed the sergeant with a power sword for a additional close combat efficiency. Usually the troops end up holding objectives which means there will be a close combats.



The whole squad with transport costs about 220 points. Nice. Next month (or this month actually) I'll be making a ten-man assault squad with jump-packs. As I mentioned earlier, my force lack the punch in close combat situations so assault squad is a logical choice. This is Tatu signing out.

2 kommenttia:

  1. If you are making Raven Guard, of course you havee to have assault squads! Preferably vanguards, or then storm-scouts. But something assaulting preferably with jump packs have to be involved in a Raven Guard army!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Plan is to make both assault and vanguard squads. There's also two more units of scouts coming up and the other one getting a storm-taxi.

    -Tatu-

    VastaaPoista